Here’s everything you need to know about our physical therapy:
Who to refer:
- Chronic pain patients, acute injury patients, recent injury, postsurgical, neurological disorders, and preventative care
- Thursdays 6-8pm
- 1621 SW 13th Street, above the CVS
How to refer:
- Patients can be seen for the first 30 days without a referral, but treatment beyond 30 days requires a referral form to be taken to one of the primary care clinics and signed by a doctor.
Who: Co-Directors are Paul Auth (Administrative) and Alyssa Morrison (Clinical)
When: Thursdays 6-8pm
Where: 1621 SW 13th Street, above the CVS
Patient Eligibility and Referral
- We treat on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please arrive before 7pm to ensure we have enough time to treat you properly.
- In Florida, patients can be treated by a physical therapist without a referral for up to 30 days. After this time, however, you will need a referral from a physician, nurse practitioner, or other licensed medical professional. The referral form is available here.
- UF Physical Therapy Equal Access Clinic offers free Physical Therapy services to people unable to afford treatment elsewhere. We accept walk-in patients every Thursday from 6pm-8pm (excluding University holidays). No referral is needed.
- We provide Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment, follow-up treatment visits, blood pressure and strength/flexibility screenings, referrals to specialists, and emergency medical referrals.
- We treat everyone in need of therapy care including; recent injury, postsurgical, preventative care, etc.
- Unfortunately, due to special oversight requirements, we are not able to treat pediatric patients. If you believe you have a special consideration we need to be aware about, please do not hesitate to call our information phone number or email us.
What if my patient needs something not offered above?
- Patients will be referred out to clinics which offer the service they require.
- Administrative Director Paul Auth: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interprofessional Chair Gaby Lin: email@example.com
- PT EAC Phone: 352-888-4950