Here’s everything you need to know about our LGBT Clinic:
Who to refer:
- Patients who identify as LGBT who either have LGBT-related health concerns or feel more comfortable receiving care in a clinic with LGBT-trained providers
- Third Tuesday of each month starting at 5:30pm.
- Eastside clinic
410 NE Waldo Road
How to refer:
- Walk-ins welcome
- Appointments accepted, can be made through the Eastside schedule on Practice Fusion
Who: Co-officers are Kelsey Williamson and Cabbar Dunbar
When: Third Tuesday of the month. Patients are seen starting at 5:30 and walk-ins are encouraged to arrive before 6 pm.
Where: UF Eastside Clinic at 410 NE Waldo Road
Patient Eligibility and Referral
- Walk-ins are accepted.
- Sometimes specialty referrals are made through WeCare, which requires patients to be a documented US citizen and resident of Alachua county.
How are appointments made
- Walk-ins are welcomed
- Appointments can be made for patients on the Eastside schedule
- Specially trained providers in LGBT health
- General healthcare concerns
- Physical exams
- Point-of-care testing for HIV, rapid strep, pregnancy, A1c, etc
- Other labs such as metabolic panels, lipid panels, other STI testing, etc. through quest diagnostic
- Initiate and follow-up patients on hormone replacement therapy
- Initiation requires prior psych consult at this time
- How to safely inject testosterone
- Referral for specialty care, imaging.
What if my patient needs something not offered above?
- Clinic staff will work the patient to try to find what they need
- LGTB Night Coordinator Erika Wert: email@example.com
- LGBT Night Officer Cabbar Dunbar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LGBT Night Officer Kelsey Williamson: email@example.com
- Eastside Clinic Director Patrick Bliven: firstname.lastname@example.org