First Time Volunteers
Here is some information about our clinics so you can get the most out of your experience at EAC. If you can no longer make it this week, please let your class know that a spot has opened up. Clinic hours are dependent on the site and can be found along with links to maps on the For Patients page of this site. Please dress professionally (ties for men) and don’t forget your stethoscope.
There will be several student officers in charge of running clinic. They’lll be there to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process.
We encourage you to do as much as you feel comfortable with. This typically includes the history, physical exams, writeup and presentation. Of course, you aren’t expected to know exactly what to do and will be paired up with a more experienced volunteer as appropriate. The schedule will be explained in more detail at clinic, but here is a general outline.
- Premeds will perform patient intake and bring the charts in as they finish
- You’ll go visit your patient and perform an History and Physical with a senior student
- Next the case is written up while you wait to present to a resident/attending
- After presentation to a doctor, the team will head back to see the patient together
- Wrap up your notes, treatment plan, and referrals